Wind 40 DB was born from the fusion of aerodynamics and versatility. It is logical to note that the design of the 40mm rim derives directly from the 55mm profile.
Usually Purchased Together:
Fulcrum WIND 40/55 DB C19 wheelset
Wind 40 DB was born from the fusion of aerodynamics and versatility. It is logical to highlight that the design of the 40mm rim derives directly from the 55mm profile: All solutions developed for the higher profile are offered on this model, but in a less specialized version.
A light 40mm rim, created by layering, unidirectional, modern, wide and with a pronounced profile (8mm radius): innovative shapes, designed to integrate with the tire in a single element capable of eliminating turbulence, without interrupting the flow of air that reaches the wheel during the race.
A 40mm rim also means versatility, as it is usually one of the heights most appreciated by those who do not want to take risks and prefer to have an excellent uphill wheel, stiff and fast, and of great precision. The system is completed with CNC-designed aluminum hubs that support 24 straight pull spokes, ensuring maximum overall stiffness both under acceleration and braking, without any influence due to the asymmetric nature of the forces coming from the disc and cassette. pinions.
When describing a wheel for a racing bike like the Wind 55 DB, one must start with aerodynamics: the time has come for you to test on your bike how a profile, perfected and optimized down to the smallest detail, can make a difference.
The 55mm, 27mm wide, unidirectional full carbon rim is the result of a long series of tests, wind tunnel analysis and laboratory finishes. And then on the road, with the aim of fully counteracting the influence of the side winds on pedaling.
- TYPE OF TIRE: 2-Way Fit (for clincher and tubeless)
- RIM DIAMETER: 28 "
- DISCIPLINE: Road / Triathlon
- ASTM CATEGORY 2
- WEIGHT: 1620 g front / 1680 g rear.
- WHEEL MATERIAL: Carbon
- DETAIL OF THE RIM Full carbon, finished in carbon "UD"
- PROFILE HEIGHT: Average
- RIM HEIGHT: Front: 40mm and Rear: 55mm.
- RIM WIDTH: 27 mm
- INTERNAL CHANNEL WIDTH: 19 mm
- TIRES WIDTH: from 23 mm to 50 mm
- BRAKING SYSTEM: Disc brake
- BRAKING SURFACE / BRAKE OPTIONS: AFS
- FRONT AXLE CONFIGURATION: HH12-100
- REAR AXLE CONFIGURATION: HH12-142
- SPOKES: FRONT 24 (16 Left - 8 Right)
- SPOKES: REAR 24 (8 Left - 16 Right)
- SPOKES: MATERIAL Stainless steel, double thickness
- SPOKES: PROFILE Round, straight head
- NIPPLES Aluminum
- FRONT HUB Aluminum, aluminum flange
- VERSIONS OF THE FREE WHEEL BODY HG11, Campy, XDr