Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Disc Tubeless Wheelset
Zipp's 303 Firecrest® Tubeless Disc-Brake Wheel is designed for real-world conditions, a world where road surfaces aren't always perfect and the simple formula is that efficiency equals speed.
Fast, light and versatile wheel: Zipp's 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher
The combination of wider tyres, increased tire volume and lower tire pressure helps reduce driver fatigue by smoothing out the ride in rough road conditions: The tires and wheels absorb shock, not the rider.
At the heart of the Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc Brake wheelset is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-designed ZR1 DB. Verdict: The Zipp 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-Brake Wheelset is for the dedicated road rider who demands the most advanced technology.
The new Zipp 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Disc has been redesigned with a concept specifically adapted to the demands of modern road bikes. When it comes to riding a bike fast or even faster, you have to reduce the following variables: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue and weight.
They have been tested by direct measurements in real conditions (as opposed to wind tunnel or computer simulations). The results were overwhelming. The rim is slightly beefier than its predecessor, with an outer width of 32mm, an inner width of 25mm and a height of 40mm. The profile ensures low drag and a better transition between rim and tire, increasing aerodynamic efficiency on the road. The wider rim design also features less tire deformation in favor of lower rolling resistance.
- New Zipp graphics and a visual presence that embodies speed
- universal 40mm rim height proven in spring classics and cyclocross world cup trials
- New German designed ZR1 DB hub with improved sealing design for increased durability and quicker response with 66 engagement points
- Center Lock disc mount. The circlip is included with the wheels.
- Lighter than its predecessor, making it agile and fast
- Tubeless Made Easy, the optimized tire bed shield allows for easy, tool-less mounting and demounting, with no need for an air compressor to put on the tire
- Ultra-wide 25mm tread creates a better tire interface to be fast on or off-road
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano drivers
- Campagnolo driver sold separately
- Use range: road bike, cyclocross
- Model: 303 Firecrest Carbon Clincher
- Rim Size: 28
- Spokes: 24
- Brake system: Centerl Lock disc brake
- Tubeless System: Yes
- Recommended maximum system weight: 115 kg (body weight + bike + equipment)
- Maximum air pressure: 5.03bar (73psi)
- Inner Rim Width: 25mm
- Rim height: 40mm
- Valve Bore: SV (6.5mm)
- Hub: ZR1
- Installation width :
- front: 12 x 100mm thru-axle
- rear: 12 x 142mm thru-axle
- Radio Type: Sapim CX-Ray
- Lacing pattern: 2 crisscross pleats
- Teat type: Sapim secure-loc
- Shimano Freehub : 8-/9-/10-/11-speed Shimano/SRAM (Road)
- Rim: Carbon
- Hub Body: Aluminum
- Spokes: Stainless steel
- Bearing : Steel
- 1352g (manufacturer's specification)
ABLC™ (Control of the aerodynamic boundary layer).
The revised ABLC™ (Aerodynamic Boundary Layer Control) design reduces drag by creating more and less turbulence for unmatched stability and control, even in the strongest winds.