POC Omne Ultra MIPS Helmet Matte Black
Add the code CYBER6 before finalizing your order and get an -6% EXTRA on this item.
*Coupon valid only until 04/12/23 (incl.)
POC Omne Ultra MIPS Helmet
The POC Omne Ultra MIPS helmet is designed for road cycling, offering great comfort and safety. Optimum liner density and thicker core protection zones provide ideal all-round safety.
DESIGNED FOR ROAD CYCLING, OFFERING GREAT COMFORT AND SAFETY
Giving you the freedom to improvise, the Omne Ultra Mips embodies the spirit of gravel to make do with what you've got and make everything individual. Adapting the trusted protection of the classic Omne Air Mips, the helmet incorporates attachment points, straps and Velcro on its exterior so riders can add a rain cover, ID patch or even store small items before or after a ride. exit. Ideal for adventure, the helmet is well ventilated, features an EPS liner for impact protection and a PC shell for strength and stability. The integrated 360° adjustment system makes it easy for every rider to find their perfect fit.
- Mips Integra: Mips Integra seamlessly and almost invisibly integrates protection against rotational impacts into the helmet.
- EPS Lining: A lightweight EPS liner provides optimized protection.
- PC Shell: The PC shell improves the structural integrity of the helmet.
- 360 Adjustment: A 360° adjustment system facilitates a secure and comfortable fit.
- Slim Profile: The slim profile of the helmet helps keep weight down.
- External Attachment Points: The helmet incorporates a number of external attachment points to offer the ability to individualize and enhance off-bike functionality.
- Reflector: A RECCO® reflector helps rescue services to locate you easily and quickly if something goes wrong.
MIPS is a leading flat-shift technology within the helmet, designed to reduce rotational forces that can result from certain impacts. When a head rotates rapidly and comes to a sudden stop, the rotational acceleration can cause high levels of stress on brain tissue. The stretching of the tissue caused by these movements can lead to several types of brain injuries.
We believe that helmets equipped with MIPS technology can add a higher level of protection against certain types of impacts. MIPS uses a flat displacement system that moves inside the helmet, mimicking the brain protection system itself.
This layer is designed to rotate within the helmet with the intent of potentially slowing down or reducing the amount of energy transferred to or from the head. Science tells us that if we can reduce the stress associated with rotational acceleration, we could reduce the risk and severity of brain damage.